Tuesday 12 May 2009

Sketching in Computer Arts

There's a new issue of Computer Arts out, and once again, I've breached security and sneaked into the magazine, this time in a leading feature on designers and their sketchbooks. There's some great stuff in there, and it's always interesting to see how other artists think on paper, and formulate ideas before launching into the final piece. My bit has some character designs from the Disney pilot show I made a while back, and some development stuff for my Grip Wrench show.

I'll put some of the scans I took of my sketchbooks on here in the next week or two (including a load not seen in the article). In the meantime here's me, browsing the magazine just now:

1 comment:

Biniman said...

Dear Mr. Rex Crowle,

during the past days, the nagging guilt of falling asleep during a Pixar session and *not* having danced at your FMX talk, left me shattered, despaired of betraying you, but ultimately, it led me to your blog.

Awesome stuff man! I really like your funky little characters, and I will have to check out that Gripwrench thingie. The guy has the same beard as Hulk Hogan, so it must be good.

Please return to old Stuttgart so I can buy you a beer. That's the way Germans express their eternal love, friendship and, naturally, thirst.

Mr. Biniman